Wednesday, November 16, 2005

New Photo Album

I'm usually at Bird TLC three times a week, sometimes more. I can count on one hand how many times I didn't take my camera. I take a lot of pictures. Thank goodness it's a digital word. I even take my camera when I'm going to do mew repairs. It doesn't make a good hammer.

Most are posted here at one time or another. Some are used for education purposes or just to tell that birds story or to get the news out. Want to see a specific photo or see if I got one of a specific species? Just ask, I'll be glad to show you. People send me pic's also. That's cool because I can't make it to all of the events. I stole the one below from John Gomes of the Alaska Zoo. He's a nice guy and doesn't hurt me much when I take his pic's. Check out his site, he's good.

In the column on the right there's now a little banner for Photobucket. Click on it and it will take you to our new photo album. Pick a sub album named after whatever event took place. Once there, the pic's are best seen by slideshow. There are no pop ups. There is advertising, I mean come on, it is free image hosting. But none of that annoying stuff. That's why I changed from Bravenet. They had so many pop ups that you just left the album. You were too ticked off to browse around. And that was with a pop up filter on. I did like their lay out and the different ways you could customize it. I guess nice and simple is a good thing sometimes.

I know, I know. If I pay for the premium version I wouldn't have all that. I've been doing the web site for Bird TLC over 2 1/2 years now and I have yet to go over my annual budget of $0.00 and I'm not going to start now. Besides, with places like Photobucket around, why should I pay when I can get a good product for free. And it's legal!

Check out the album. I got some gory operations, some events and other stuff. I'll be adding more when I can. Let me know what you think.

No comments: