Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th


Happy 4th of July to everyone. I hope you have a safe and enjoyable holiday. I'll be spending it with my daughter Cassie. We're meeting for lunch and then a bike ride on the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail. Ruthie will be working. The animal hospital she works at never closes.

I would like to say thanks to a few, well many important and special people. I like to thank all veterans, past and present. That includes our allies who support our causes as we also support theirs. Thanks to the police and firemen who protect us at home everyday. I'm fortunate to live in a city that has a good mayor who makes sure we have a good police and fire department among other city services. They are the reason my family, friends and I enjoy life as it is.

2 comments:

robin andrea said...

I appreciate your sentiments so much. I find the quote, All gave some... Some gave all, very moving, Dave.

I hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday. That bike ride sounds like a great way to spend the day.

Dave Dorsey said...

Robin, it has been a wonderful holiday. The only thing that could have made it better is that if more of my loved ones could have been around. But that can't always be. We had great weather for our bike ride. Cassie has been my biking partner for a long time. She's always a lot of fun.