Saturday, October 14, 2006

Snowy mew day 1

Day one started at 10:30 AM and it was +33°F.

I decided on this spot because it seemed the most quiet of the few I had to chose from. One wall as you can see is going to be of the existing wall of our shed. The raspberry bushes were removed.

It felt like it was raining for a while. When the temperatures raised, the frost from the night before rained down on me from off the roof. The warmest it got was +49°.

I stayed at it until 7:30 PM tonight. I ran out of light and the batteries for my saw and drill needed recharging. So did I.

I am actually a little farther along then the pic's show. The back wall is in place and two rafters connect the middle and end post together.

More tomorrow.

3 comments:

robin andrea said...

What a great labor of love, dave. That snowy is really a very lucky owl.

Susan Gets Native said...

I have never wished harm to any lemmings, but I am actually hoping for a bad lemming year soon so I can MAYBE get to see a snowy here!!!!

Dave Dorsey said...

Britt - Thanks for the support and it is way cool.

Robin - Thanks, but I'm the one that feels lucky.

Susan - so your anti-lemming? hehe. Pack the kids and hubby up and come on to Alaska.