Friday, January 02, 2009

Welcome to the Flight Center cont.......

We have a pretty steady crew out at the Flight Center. Seldom are there openings, but every once in a while we need a back up or fill in here and there. So is the case for the Wednesday slot right now. Long time TLC volunteer Britt is going to fill that slot for a while.

We went out this past Wednesday for feeding and training. It was -12°f. If you're going to get a taste of working at the Flight Center, that's the kind of day that will tell you if you want to work there or not. She's a trooper and she wants to stick with us, so next Wednesday she does it on her own.

Britt's also a pretty good photographer. You've seen her pictures posted her before. Well, this last picture she took of me having a disagreement with an immature bald eagle that came to us after being electrocuted on a telephone pole. Neither one of us won the argument but I walked away.






5 comments:

Britt said...

Thanks Dave. It was cold! But I love it out there! I really appreciate the heated kitchen. :)

Shelley said...

Dave - I had to laugh at that last photo - I can almost hear that eagle protesting (or yelling) at you! Kudos to your group for getting out in the cold and helping these fine feathered friends!

Dawn Fine said...

nice blog...great stuff you do at the bird treatment center!...love all the photos

Meggie said...

Arguing with an immature bald eagle may not be as dangerous as arguing with an angry woman! I'm sure you've done that before on more than one occasion. I'm guessing the bird was easy by comparison.

Dave Dorsey said...

Britt - I like the heated kitchen too. Especially since the temps have been soooo low.

Shelly - That guy has a personality or birdality as I like to call it.

Dawn - Thanks for the compliments!

Meggie - I'll argue with the bird but not with a woman. :)