Sunday, October 02, 2005

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a


Salmon-thirty-Salmon


I know, Dave this is a story of the wrong kind of bird. As a former aircraft mechanic, I had to post the picture.

I like salmon. I like eating them. I like catching them. My wife Ruth makes a killer salmon patty. I made Cindy at WoodSong hungry when I talked about smoked salmon on a Ritz cracker with mustard. But I only like wild salmon, preferably from where? You guessed it, Alaska. You can have that farmed stuff.

Check out Alaska Airlines News for the rest of the story on this beauty of a plane. American made plane, by Boeing. I can't wait to see it in person.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

too cool! yet another interest we have in common. My stepfather was a mechanic with NASA (back when Edwards AFB in CA was mission control, before LBJ moved the whole shebang to Texas) I have many fond memories of taking mini-tours of the super guppy and others. Our school playground at Mojave elementary had a few old planes buried in the sand and as kids we could get behind the controls and soar the skies in our minds. Sonic booms were as common back then as the whistle of a train and I've never lost my fascination for aircraft. Maybe that's what spurred my interest in birds at such an early age, I was always looking *up* :)

Dave said...

Is that why I catch you sitting behind your desk making those propellor airplane noises?

Cindy said...

LOL, busted! Just for that you're tagged- again! (no joke) ;)