Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Beauty Update

I received an email from mine & Bird TLC's friends in Idaho where "Beauty" now lives. Here it is......

"Beauty" adapting to her new training perch, with "Liberty" to help her through the transition. Beauty arrived at her new Idaho home this week, where, after a time of training to calm her, she will begin the process of being fitted for a prosthetic beak. Until then, she will be cared for by the staff at Birds Of Prey NW . Many thanks to the staff and volunteers of Anchorage Bird TLC who gently and skillfully managed her care. They are to be commended...

Janie


What nice people. I'm excited about this new journey for "Beauty". I believe she's in the right hands. If anyone can help her move on, I think these folks are it. Thanks for the update Janie.



Janie & I at Bird TLC.

3 comments:

Dave Dorsey said...

Todd emailed & said...

Beauty will truly be missed. Thank you Bird TLC for the time I have spent as a volunteer at the center and the time I have spent with Beauty. From her grumpy, flipping salmon back at me while feeding her to her give me more days. Good luck Beauty.
2:05 PM

Susan Gets Native said...

Beauty's story would make a nice children's book, a la One Wing. As in, beauty is really inside, etc.
Okay, Dave. Let's collaborate!

Dave Dorsey said...

Susan - Janie is already discusing this. Here's hoping it has a happy ending.