Sunday, July 20, 2014

To Fox Island

Bird TLC started a new education venue on Fox Island along with Kenai Fjords Tours. If you don't know where Fox Island is, head to Seward, get on a large boat, head about 45 minutes south and you're there.
 On the way there, we saw porpoise, bowhead whales, eagles and more. The scenery is awesome.
Fox Island is uninhabited, but has several vacation lodges. Kenai Fjords tours has a couple there. In between presentations I went on an short island tour with Ranger Jim of the National Park Service. Jim is very knowledgeable of the islands history.
 During their stay, young people 4 - 12 can become a junior ranger.
When it was time for Hal's presentation, everyone was having a lunch of Alaskan Salmon, prime rib, salads and deserts. You could have heard a pin drop when Hal came out. 

This was my first presentation with Hal. so I was a little nervous. Hal wasn't, being the old pro he is.

We were flooded with eagle questions and Hal getting his picture taken. I guess you could say it was a success.

And this was our return ride to Seward. I must say that the whole staff of Kenai Fjords Tours in Seward and on Fox Island were most helpful and polite. The captains and crew members were more than helpful and accommodating. I know Hal and I had fun. I hope everyone enjoyed his visit.


No comments: